Plantar Fascial Tears: How to Prevent It?
A lot of people complain about foot problems, but we often hear about them from the patients suffering with diabetes. If you look at the year-on-year trend, the number of people who suffer from diabetes is steadily increasing. Both internal and external factors play an important role in this case. Diabetes can also be caused by heredity. Check the following to know about the symptoms of diabetes.
- More Thirst
- Very slow wound healing
- Frequent Infections
- Sudden weight loss
People with this health issue should see a doctor at least once a month for regular checkup to see if their blood sugar levels have stabilized or not. It may come as a shock to learn that diabetes can lead to a number of additional medical issues including heart disease, nerve damage, and renal illness. It can also make it difficult for wounds and foot infections to heal. If you’re having trouble healing your wounds, make an appointment with a podiatrist near you right away.
You may experience foot problems due to injuries and stress as well. Some of the foot problems for which most people meet a podiatrist are ingrown toenails, plantar fasciitis, diabetes ulcers, blisters etc. Podiatrists are trained to deal with all the foot and ankle problems.
As a result, it is preferable to contact one in order to remain healthy and comfortable. People who suffer from diabetes typically have weak blood circulation. Narrowed blood arteries are the cause of this. Hence, in spite of trying home remedies, contacting a podiatrist immediately is necessary.
When it comes to diabetes foot ulcers and plantar fasciitis, you may experience a lot of pain. Plantar fasciitis is a condition which can affect almost everybody at any age. You’re simply prone to this illness if you put more stress on your feet. It is the athletes who experiences this condition more.
Football players and cyclists are the ones that put the most strain on their feet. Hence, they need to be extremely careful. They need to ensure that they don’t stress out their feet much. Doing some foot exercises can help you by improving the blood circulation in your foot, and this is important to maintain them healthy.
For torn plantar fascia, you could speak with the podiatrists like Dr. Sima Soltani. Dr. Sima Soltani provides the best treatment to all her patients. The best part about her treatment is, they are extremely safe. In short, you will not see any kind of adverse effects post getting the treatment done. Her podiatry office has the best staff, who will help you whenever required.
How to prevent plantar fasciitis?
- The first and foremost thing which you have to do is, maintain healthy body weight to prevent this kind of problems. As additional weight can stress out your feet, it might result in this condition causing pain and inflammation. Eating a well-balanced diet that includes food high in particular nutrients.
- Wearing high heels or tight shoes can strain your arch very badly. Reading this you would have understood that the type of footwear you choose plays an important role when it comes to maintaining your foot health. Avoid wearing unsupportive heels or uncomfortable heels to prevent this kind of problem.
- If you have a habit of running, ensure that you don’t run on uneven or hard surfaces. Ensure that you run on smooth surfaces to prevent this kind of problems. It is important to wear comfortable shoes when you go for running daily. Otherwise, your foot might get stressed out completely.
- Try to stay active throughout the day to prevent this kind of problems. When you stay active the blood circulation in your overall body will be good, which means the chances to experience this kind of problems would be very less. This doesn’t mean that you will do some or the other work continuously. Try to take some rest whenever possible and stay active throughout the day.
- If you experience any pain in your foot, try to take enough rest. Otherwise, this pain might get worsened which sometimes results in this condition. If you experience severe pain, try to soak your foot in a tub containing lukewarm water for about 10 to 15mins. You can also try applying a hot pack or a cold pack to get rid of the pain. If you still experience the pain, you must contact a podiatrist immediately to understand what exactly is causing it.
If you are looking for the best treatment for plantar fascia tear, reading the reviews online is extremely important. In fact, reading the reviews online helps you make the right choice, and this saves your time and money. You could discuss about it with your friends and family and take their suggestions when choosing a podiatrist. If they suggest any podiatrist, try to check their website to know about his or her experience, treatment options, address etc.
If you are suffering with plantar fasciitis tear, it is important to take care of your diet as well. Eat a lot of fresh fruits every day. You must also drink a minimum of 2litres of water daily.