Dentists will soon be audited for registration compliance
Registration details and eligibility requirements must be obtained directly from the GDC. Below is a summary of the different types of records. Registration is complete or temporary and registered correctly like this dentist in Chermside is must.
If the dentist has the correct visa/immigration status, the dentist can practice dentistry in the UK. Having a complete record does not qualify you for a job in the UK, nor does it entitle you to work as an interpreter in standard NHS practices.
Allows dentists to practice dentistry only in supervised positions selected for training, educational, or research purposes. The maximum period of temporary registration is limited to 1826 days. Provisional registration is not possible for a period of fewer than 180 days.
Have you practiced dentistry in other jurisdictions, or do you have a license to practice dentistry?
If you currently have a dental office outside of Ontario, you will need to request a full certification from your jurisdiction. A complete certificate of the permanent form must be sent directly to the university by the regulatory authority.
Do you have a license to practice other professions?
If you are currently practicing or are eligible to practice other professions regulated inside or outside Ontario, you will need a Reputation Certificate. The certificate of accreditation must be sent directly to the university by the regulatory authority.
Important: The certificate/position letter is valid only three months after it is signed and issued.
Application processing time
Due to the COVID-19 and restricted access to the university, May, June, November-January are the peak hours for university registration departments. If you submit your application during this time, the processing time may be further delayed.
Potentially unwanted application results
- Meets all requirements.
If your application is approved, you will be enrolled in the university and receive a license to practice dentistry.
- The Registrar sees a request for review by the University Registration Board.
In some cases, the College Registrar may forward your request to the Registration Board if:
- There are serious questions about whether the applicant meets the registration requirements.
- The opinion is that conditions or restrictions should be imposed on the certificate, and the applicant disagrees with the imposition.
- They propose to reject the request.
- When the registration committee reviews the application, you will be notified and given the opportunity to submit your written submission to the committee.
What decisions can the Commission make after reviewing my application?
After reviewing your application and related documents, the Registrar may instruct your Registrar to:
- They will issue a registration certificate (license for practicing).
- They will issue a license to practice, but with certain conditions and restrictions.
- After completing some additional requirements such as education upgrades, exam completion, etc., they will issue a license to practice.
Refuse to issue a license to practice.
If applicable, you will also be provided with information on how to appeal to a government-appointed healthcare professional review and appeals committee.
A dentist’s online reputation for professionalism linkingshows its behaviour toward clients and if his behaviour is intolerant then his licence can be cancelled.